In today’s society, women are trying hard to choose a fitness plan that best suits their target areas. The goal for these women is typically the same for each…to tone and flatten. Mini workouts are a great way to target each woman’s trouble spots, and the area that bothers them the most. Choosing a workout depends mostly upon how serious the woman is about getting fit.
Flat Belly Mini Workouts
It is important to pick the fitness routine that best suits the body. This and 30 minutes of cardio should be done three times a week. Cardio includes activities such as jogging, swimming, bicycling, etc.) Eating healthy always helps the process of the fitness plan a little easier.
- Twisted sit-up: Lie on the floor, face up, with the legs straight out on the floor. Place the left hand behind the head while the right arm is at shoulder height and straight on the floor. Bring the right knee in towards the body while simultaneously raising the shoulder. The right knee should meet the left elbow to bring the body into a sit-up position.
- Side Plank: Start by lying on the left side of the body and balance weight on the left forearm. The right arm needs to be straight and to the side. Slowly start raising the hips off of the floor and contract the left side of the abs. Lower the body back to the original position just as slow.
Mini Workouts for Arms
For some women, achieving strong arms is a huge goal. There are a few simple mini workouts that can be done inside the comfort of one’s home. A couple of the routines require dumbbells, but if there are not any available then large soup cans are perfect.
- Lateral raise: With a weight in each hand, separate feet about one foot, and stand with palms facing thighs. Lift arms up to “T” form, and twist weights so palms face forward. Next, bring the palms together in front of the body, and lower back down.
- Chair dip: Face away from the chair and place hands on the edge. Walk the feet out and away from the chair so knees are at a 90 degree angle. Bend elbows down towards the floor until they are at a 90 degree angle, too. All of the work in the arms can make this feel like a push-up.
Thigh Mini Workouts
Teddy Bass, a celebrity trainer, states, “To burn more calories, do not rest between moves.” Remember that eating healthy is a great start to motivating a fitness plan.
- Plie Squat: With feet separated about three feet and toes turned out, stand up with arms at shoulder height and straight out to the side. Place palms facing forward and slowly lower the body by bending knees to a 90 degree angle. This mini workout will definitely be felt in the thighs.
- Wall sit: This mini workout is also very common for the thighs. Stand with the back flat against a wall with feet at hip width and about two feet away from the wall. Slowly bend knees to a 90 degree angle, and slide the back down against the wall. Once at sitting position, hold the body still for one minute. Raise back up and repeat.
Lunges are a great mini workout to tone the butt area. They are one of the most common mini workout routines for high school, college and professional sports. Toning and flattening are just a couple reasons why mini workouts and exercise are beneficial. Fitness plans also build body strength, release endorphins, and exercise the heart to prevent heart disease.